To see prophesies in the Old Testament fulfilled in the New Testament
Have pictures that show one thing, but if you look hard at them you can see something else. I used pictures from ‘Magic Eye’ by N.E. Thing Enterprises.
Look closely and see if you can see the heart:
- Author: Micah
- Type: Minor Prophet
- Written: 750 – 700 BC
- No. Chapters: 7
- O.T. Book No.: 33
Read Micah 5v2
What did Micah say would happen?
A king would be born in Bethlehem who would be from ancient times.
What happened hundreds of years later?
Jesus was born in Bethlehem.
Read Matthew 2 v 1-6
It was recognised by the scribes that it was prophesied that the Messiah would be born in Bethlehem.
There are over 200 prophesies in the Old Testament that you find fulfilled in the Lord Jesus Christ. It is possible there are 456 such prophesies. It is a real encouragement to your faith when you read them.
But there is even more to a prophesy when you dig into it. Take for example, Bethlehem. Why Bethlehem? It is a very important place in the bible.
1. Genesis 35:19-20 Where Rachel dies giving birth to Benjamin which means ‘Son of the right hand’. If time, see also Jer 31v15 and Matthew 2v18.
2. Ruth 1v1,2. Ruth came from Bethlehem.
3. 1 Samuel 16v1. David chosen from Bethlehem.
4. Luke 2v4-6. Joseph and Mary went to Bethlehem to register because they were of the line of David.
5. John 7:42. Key Verse: “Has not the Scripture said that the Christ comes from the descendants of David, and from Bethlehem, the village where David was?”
The bible fits together in a wonderful way over hundreds of years. God has a plan that is revealed in both the Old and the New Testament.
Augustus once said: “The New is in the Old Concealed, the Old is in the New Revealed”. We can see this through prophesy in scripture, of which Micah 5v2 is an example.
Have pieces of card that when scratched shows rainbow patterns underneath. I used the book “Rainbow Magical Scratch Pad” (containing 24 sheets and 2 scratch pens, although Kebab sticks make great scratch pens as well).
Write out the words:
The New is in the Old Concealed, the Old is in the New Revealed