To think about the second coming of Jesus and where you will be.
Do you look forward to anything? Birthday? Christmas?
Do you get excited by it?
There is one thing that Christians look forward to? Do you know what it is?
Jesus coming again.
- Author: Paul
- Type: Letter
- Written: AD59 to AD61
- No. of Chapters: 5
- N.T. Book No.: 13
After Jesus rose from the dead, what happened?
Talk the children to the ascention.
Read Act 1 v9-11. What will happen one day in the future?
Jesus will come back again in the same way that he left.
When will that be? No-one knows, but we have been given some clues.
Read 1 Thessalonians 4v16-18.
We will meet in the clouds. Ask who will be there?
If time, look up the following:
Coming in the clouds
- Revelation 1v7: Behold, he is comingwith the clouds
- Daniels 7v13 In my vision at night I looked, and there before me was one like a son of man, coming with the clouds of heaven.
- Matthew 24v30: when they see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven, with power and great glory
- ACT 1v11: Men of Galilee,” they said, “why do you stand here looking into the sky? This same Jesus, who has been taken from you into heaven, will come back in the same way you have seen him go into heaven
- 1 THESSALONIANS 4:17: After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever.
Have a large group collage of Jesus coming in the clouds and draw on people who may be there as well.
Prepare the paper with a blue screen wash.
Have pre-pared cut-out figures such as Hesus on a cloud and an ange blowing a trumpet.
Glue on cotton wool and draw figurs on them and write names on.