To trust the bible.
Play the maze game.
To keep going and get past the obstacles.
- Author: Paul
- Type: Letter of Paul
- Written: AD 62
- No. of Chapters: 4
- N.T. Book No.: 16
Read 2 Timothy 3 v 14-16
These are the key points: (see if the children can spot them)
- Keep following the teachings v14
- You know the teachings are true v14
- You can trust your teachers v14
- You have know the scriptures since a child v15 (It is good to know the bible as a child)
- The scriptures make you wise v15
- Wisdom leads to salvation in Christ Jesus v15
- All scripture is given by God v16
- Scripture is useful for teaching, rebuking (tells off), correction and training.
- Scriptures equip you for doing good work.
Why do we believe the bible is true?
- Jesus, Paul, Peter and John as well as others tell us that the bible is the inspired word of God. Matt 5v17-20
- We can see how many prophesies came true
- They were eyewitness accounts 1 John 1v4, 2 Peter 1v10
- Because of the accuracy of translations.
- Because there is no better explanation as to the meaning of life.
Making a bible compass, equipping us for good works. You need a map and a compass to get to places. We need a bible to tell us how to live.
We will need:
- a paper plate
- a cardboard ‘Compass Needle’ shape.
- paper fasteners.
On the ‘Compass Needle’ write on 2 Timothy 3 v 16.
In the North, East, South, West positions write:
Teach, Rebuke (tells off), Correct, Train in big letters.
Below each title write things that relate to it:
Teach: 10 commandments; Sermon on the Mount; History lessons
Rebuke: Repent; Turn from sin; Conviction
Correct: Sorry; Forgiveness; Put things right
Train: Fruit of the Spirit; Gifts of the Spirit; Armour of God
Put the paper fastener through the plate and pretend to us it as a compass with the bible as a map.