To look at the prophesy of Jesus’ return and to overview the bible with the tree of life illustration.
- What book are we doing today?
- How many book are there in the bible?
- What book number is Revelation?
- How many books are in the New Testament?
- Who wrote Revelation?
- Author: John
- Type: Prophesy
- Written: AD 95-96
- No. Chapters: 22
- N.T. Book No.: 27
Last week we had our Harvest Thanksgiving service.
In the end times of this earth, there will be another harvest.
Read Revelation 14v14-16
– Jesus returns on a cloud with a golden crown and a sickle to harvest the earth.
– Read 1 Thessalonians 4 v 16-18 and remind them of this study, meeting Jesus in the clouds.
Read Revelation 21v1-4: There will be a new heaven and new earth for those who have trusted in Jesus as their saviour.
Read Revelation 22v1-2: There will be a crystal river (water of life) with the tree of life on either side, with 12 fruits to eat and leaves for healing.
Read Genesis 2v9: Talk about the 2 trees. The tree of life, and the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.
Draw diagram with key points:
- 2 trees – Adam and Eve disobeyed God and ate of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil
- This led to a separation from God
- Read Romans 6v23. Sin earns death, but Jesus gives eternal life. Discuss what this means.
- Through Jesus Christ, we can receive forgiveness and salvation to be brought back to God, and eat of the tree of life in heaven.
Fold a piece of green card in half (A4 to A5), and unfold.
Cut down from top end to the fold multiple times to create strips.
Roll up tree and the place the tree base into a cut down cardboard tube.
Write ‘Tree of Life’ on white sticker and stick to the tube.
Decorate the tree with fruit stickers. Put 12 different fruit stickers on the tree.
Place all of the children’s trees around a crystal river made of stone crystals or equivalent.
Extra Time Craft
We had extra time to make trees of the knowledge of good and evil.
This is made by drawing around a child’s hand on brown card.
Cut out the card and fold into a cut down cardboard tube.
Staple leaves onto the finger branches and stick fruit onto the tree.
With the boxes that have gone out, here are some useful links: Guardians of Ancora Live the incredible adventures in the bible by clicking here: Look up 30 Christ centred activities and crafts shich includes finger puppets/manger scene creation and lots of other ideas by clicking here:
During the lockdown, we have been thinking how we could carry on Messy Church whilst maintaining social distancing, meeting the government guidelines and keeping safe. SO we have come up with ‘Messy Church in a box’. Boxes will be going out on 21st November 2020.
On 2nd August at 11am, we are opening up again on Sunday Mornings with social distancing rules as advised by the govenment.
We will be welcoming Matthea, Everett, Albane and Bailey again between 21st Feb and 1st March
It’s family breakfast time at 9:00am on 4th Jan. Everyone welcome.
Please enter any feedback you may have to this site.
Messy Church is primarily aimed at children in Year 6 or younger accompanied by a responsible adult. A full programme including crafts, story and a light lunch is provided.